Huge Cost Savings with DIP...
CMS has supplied and installed thousands of meters of piles
throughout the Windward and Leeward Islands and has
proven that DIP provides huge potential savings of up to 70%
of the value of traditional precast or steel encased concrete piling.
DIP successfully addresses the important issues of
shipping and importation costs:
- In islands which do not manufacture concrete or steel piles,
all piles must be imported.
- Duty and VAT are charged on the value of the piles
plus freight costs.
- DIP are designed to economically and efficiently
ship in 20ft containers.
- Concrete or steel piles are shipped by expensive 40ft flat racks,
or if over 40’, then costly steel fabrication to splice the piles on site and break bulk for concrete piles that can't be spliced.
The combination of considerably lower shipping, plus lower unit costs, accounts for much lower importation costs of DIP, compared to traditional piles.
These are some of the reasons why:
- Ease of Shipping. In 20ft. containers.
- Low mobilisation costs.
Simple, small scale equipment.
- Fast installation. Piling Rates up to 200m per day.
- Cost effective.
Saving up to 70% of traditional piling costs.
- Flexible. Pile anywhere a 30 ton excavator can go.
Piles can be driven less than a metre from existing structures and inside some buildings.
- Environmentally Friendly. No spoil created.
Low Vibration. Less Noise.
- Self Proving. A driven pile is a tested pile.
- Immediate follow-on Construction.
No curing or site disruption.
- Decades of proven success in foundations
outside the Caribbean.