The CMS Group
Approach Science Execution & Workmanship
The CMS Group established our regional presence by creating confidence in three separate areas:
- Our approach
– going above and beyond client requirements.
– innovation in design. Finding cost effective and reliable, well designed solutions,
using contemporary materials, technology and good science to achieve our goals.
- Our Execution
– Finding the right multi skilled team who love to get the job done and with precise planning, on time and price.
- Our workmanship
– A top quality finish which speaks for itself.
Many projects across the regionhave already taken advantage of our simple, precise, flexible and quick to install foundation system, which is as cost effective as it is reliable.
The Plug&Drive© Ductile Iron Pile System is paving the way for smarter, less cumbersome and wasteful construction techniques, in the Caribbean.
Some of the reasons are:
- Ease of Shipping. In 20ft. containers.
- Low mobilisation costs. Simple, small scale equipment.
- Fast installation. Piling Rates up to 200m per day.
- Cost effective. Saving up to 70% of traditional piling costs
of precast or steel encased concrete piling.
- Flexible. Pile anywhere a 30 ton excavator can go. Piles can be driven less than a metre from existing structures and inside some buildings.
- Environmentally Friendly. No spoil created. Low Vibration. Less Noise.
- Self Proving. A driven pile is a tested pile.
- Immediate follow-on Construction. No site disruption.
- Decades of proven success in foundations in and outside of the Caribbean.
- Our experienced small crew operations function well, within COVID-19 protocols of social distancing and sanitation. This is especially useful where time/ risk is of the essence.
What’s more, DIP has an incredibly wide scope of application:
- Residential & Industrial buildings
- Slender structures
- Building Excavations
- Civil Engineering works
- Underpinning retaining walls
- Pipe laying
- Slope stabilisation
- wherever a reliable foundation is required.
That is, in many ways, the definition of the CMS Group.
Our sense of innovation and ongoing efforts to pioneer better technology and engineering to address the age old problems of erosion, deterioration, instability and sometimes, just poor science, is what makes our learning curve steep and our sense of detail acute.
We take pride in knowing what we are doing, being well versed in how we do it and having a clear vision of the outcome.
We’ve successfully incorporated social distancing and general health protocols of COVID-19 with our deployment of crews, site organisation and pace of our projects.
Being organised is how we get things done.
There can be unexpected and undesirable surprises in construction. We specialise in turn key and design and build contracts, taking the unknown out of construction budgets and programs.
Our work is rooted in reliable foundations
for durable construction projects throughout our islands.
We maintain this approach, with well chosen materials, finishes and innovative solutions, installed by our construction teams. Our crew members are constantly aware of time, pace, frugal use of materials and an abiding focus on the timely completion of every project.
Doing things once and well is always our goal.
This is especially true of our core work, DIP and sheet piling, which are the most cost-effective, durable and efficient manner in which to block erosion, stabilise and anchor foundations, whether they be coastal installations or inland, amongst variable soils and water sources.
All of our work makes a difference. That’s the way we like it.
Old logic assumed that creating buffers against the elements was the best policy.
Too often our clients are stuck in a cycle of mitigation, throwing good money after bad.
We at CMS group look for the underlying problem to establish a solution, applying active intervention rather than mitigation.
We work with the environment, not against it; by deflecting and redirecting energy. Employing detailed analysis of the existing physical and chemical parameters to find lasting solutions which do not negatively impact the environment we’re seeking to conserve.
The scale of our work is never an issue.
From dredging commercial ports in Castries harbour, to installing foundations for corporate buildings in Guyana, or luxury hotels in St. Kitts or St. Lucia, even re-nourishing beaches near the Pitons and creating beach saving groins in Turks and Caicos, we always rise to the occasion.
On the other hand no job is too small and often the solution lies in the detail; we find small scale solutions using appropriate technology and materials.
The environment and construction are able to coexist to maintain beauty and nature,
while developing and strengthening the region’s safeguards and protections.
By working smarter, we can achieve the necessary balance.
We are proud of our approach and as we expand our operations into many new and much larger projects; more imminent deadlines and post COVID renewals, across the region,
we stay focused on strengthening the construction sector and the way we do business,
for a durable future.
We invite you to review our work,
then speak with our specialists.