The CMS Group
Approach, Execution & Workmanship
The CMS Group established a regional presence by creating confidence in three distinct areas:
- Our Approach
- going above and beyond client requirements.
- innovation in design. Finding cost effective and reliable, well designed solutions,
using contemporary materials, technology and good science to achieve our goals.
- Our Execution
- Finding the right multi skilled team who love to get the job done and with precise planning, on time and price.
- Our Workmanship
- A top quality finish which speaks for itself.
Many projects across the region have already taken advantage of our simple, precise, flexible and 'quick to install' foundation system, which is as cost effective as it is reliable.
The Plug&Drive© Ductile Iron Pile System is paving the way for smarter, less cumbersome and wasteful construction techniques in the Caribbean.
Some of the reasons are:
- Ease of Shipping. In 20ft. containers.
- Low mobilisation costs. Simple, small scale equipment.
- Fast installation. Piling Rates up to 200m per day per rig.
- Cost effective. Saving up to 70% of traditional piling costs
of precast or steel encased concrete piling.
- Flexible. Pile anywhere a 30 ton excavator can go. Piles can be driven less than a metre from existing structures and inside some buildings.
- Environmentally Friendly. No spoil created. Low Vibration. Less Noise.
- Self Proving. A driven pile is a tested pile.
- Immediate follow-on Construction. No site disruption.
- Decades of proven success in foundations in and outside of the Caribbean.
- Our experienced small crew operations function well, within COVID-19 protocols of social distancing and sanitation. This is especially useful where time/ risk is of the essence.
What’s more, DIP has an incredibly wide scope of application:
- Residential & Industrial buildings
- Slender structures
- Building Excavations
- Civil Engineering works
- Underpinning retaining walls
- Pipe laying
- Slope stabilisation
- wherever a reliable foundation is required.
Please review our DIP Presentation:
We also provide dynamic and full scale static load testing for all kinds of piling
according to ASTM D4945, D1143, D3689, D3966 or equivalents.
The CMS Group use current technology, design and engineering science to improve the construction environment and establish durable solutions for all of our projects.
We also enhance existing coastal and onshore developments with traditional timber piles and steel or vinyl sheet piling, re-establishing ‘at risk’ shorelines, reclaiming eroded areas and creating stable environments for new construction.
These adjustments create renewed coastal opportunities, well suited to the the region’s delicate island environments, while reducing the threats of rising sea levels and warmer waters, caused by global warming.
Our marine works encompasses beach reconstruction and nourishment using groynes and retaining structures to reduce erosion and encourage deposition of sand by reducing wave and current energy.
Our onshore construction work includes retaining structures to control unstable soil environments, such as hillsides and retaining walls.
Our beginnings grew from our marine work, constructing jetties and boat lifts, boat salvage and FADS, which laid the ground work for our flexible on and offshore group today.
We invite you
to review our work,
then contact us and discuss
how the CMS Group
can secure your foundations,
your coast and your future,
with smart construction.